After complying with the procedures in applying for the Aadhar Card each individual has a responsibility of knowing the status of the card. This is very much required as the 12-digit Unique Identification Card, or UID is very important for all the citizens all over the country for proper identification. This card is also important in availing some facilities in respect of welfare services provided by the Government authority. Now to know the status of the Aadhar Card an individual has more than one option. The Aadhar Card status can be easily determined by using the online internet portals of UIDAI. The Status can also be known through one’s mobile by SMS. Both SMS and Online portals are convenient and very simple.
Online Aadhar Card Status checking
Let us first see how an individual can determine the status of his Aadhar Card Online
- First, open the UIDAI official website on the internet
- Locate the section ‘Aadhar Services’. On the right-bottom of this section, one would find ‘Enrolment/Download E-aadhaar/Update.’
- On clicking on this head, Aadhar Kiosk would appear on the screen. A number of options available will be displayed along with the Enrollment and Update of Aadhar Card and check for the Aadhar Card status
- One needs to select the ‘Check Aadhar Status’ which appears as the third option on the left in this page
- On clicking on this option one would be directed to the particular page where one can easily check the status of his card
- One need to provide information which is required to be entered in the blank spaces to check the status. Please note that the spaces which are marked as ‘*’ are mandatory and to proceed with the checking of Aadhar Card status one has to fill this spaces with relevant information. While one has the acknowledgment details provided by the Enrollment center the Aadhar card status can be easily checked through Aadhar URN going through the procedure stepwise. One needs to enter
- Enrolment ID : Enrollment ID is provided by the Enrollment Center when one had applied for the Aadhar Card which has a specific format. One is required to enter this Enrollment ID as EID(1234/12345/12345)
- Date and Time of Enrollment : On the next space one is required to enter the date and time of applying for the enrollment which is there in the slip given by the Enrollment Center
- Security Code : A Security appears that is to be entered next
After entering the requisites just click on the button as ‘Check Status’ that appears on the bottom of the screen. In case one has entered anything wrong then the option is there to reset the screen.
Check Aadhar Card Status using Mobile
The status of the Aadhar Card can also be known by using one’s own mobile. Let us see the how one can check the status. To check the status through the mobile phone one need to send an SMS. The text message should is as under.
“UID STATUS<14 Digit Enrollment No>” and send the message to 51969. On sending the SMS, one would receive a message informing about the status of the Aadhar card. For Example, if some one’s Enrollment No is EID12341234512345 then one should send a message to 51969 as “UID STATUS12341234512345”. In this case, if Aadhar Card has been already issued then one would receive a message stating the Aadhar Card Number. Otherwise, the status of the Aadhar Card would be displayed.
How the mobile number can be verified online
One can check the Aadhar Card status on one’s own mobile, but for that, the mobile number must be registered while enrolling for the Aadhar Card. For this mobile number can be verified online. Let us see what one need to do to verify the mobile number.
- Visit UIDAI official website
- Choose ‘Aadhar Service’ that appears at the bottom the screen where one would find the ‘Enrolment/Download E-aadhaar/Update.’
- On clicking Aadhar Kiosk would appear with relevant options as Enrollment, updating and Status check
- Now on the right-hand side choose the option ‘Verify Email/Mobile’
- A page would appear which would help to verify the mobile number that has been provided at the time of enrollment
- Next, you enter all your personal details as
- 12-Digit Aadhar number
- Email or Mobile Number
- Security code that appears on the screen
A verification code would be forwarded to one’s mobile which has to be entered. On clicking on the ‘Verify’ button, the entire process of verification of the mobile number is completed.
The Aadhar Card status can be little longer if one does nothave the acknowledgment details. In case one had lost the acknowledgment receipt and fails to provide the Enrollment Number still then one can know the status by following the procedures stepwise.
- Open the official website of UIDAI
- Select the ‘Aadhar Services’ at the bottom of the screen
- Another screen would appear where one can easily locate ‘Find UID/EID’ button appearing on the left-hand side and is the fourth link
- Another page would appear which would inquire whether the user wants to know the Aadhar number or the Enrollment Number
- If one wants to know the Enrollment Number click on the ‘Enrolment No (EID)’ option
- Now one has to provide the personal details as
- Full Name
- Email id or mobile number (without this one cannot know the Enrollment No)
- Security Code that appears on the screen which a series of random numbers
Filling all blanks click on the ‘Get OTP.’
The user will receive a random number on his mobile or the get mail on his email which is to be filled in the blank space beside ‘Enter OTP.’
On completing the above requirement, the user would receive Aadhar Enrollment Number either by an SMS on the mobile or would be intimated through mail. Aadhar Card is delivered within 60 to 90 days of enrollment, and the status of delivery can be checked through the website of the India Post by providing Enrollment No, Date and Time of enrollment.